Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Heading to the Spa

Today is the day that the battle really begins.  Later on this afternoon, I'll be checking into the University of Washington Medical Center (the Spa) to begin my immunotherapy.  I'm very excited for this thing to get started, but not as as excited as I am for it to finish.

I've had a very strange mixture of emotions lately regarding this trip to the hospital.  In addition to the excitement to start, I'm scared out of my head.  Mostly because of the unknown.  I don't know what to expect while I'm in the hospital.  I do know that I have a room to myself, a television and unreliable wifi, but I don't know how I'm going to react to the medication.  I do know that my heart is full with the love and support of tons of people all over the country and at least one dude in Hong Kong.  I don't know how the medication is going to affect the cancer.  I do know that I love my family and friends and have thousands of reasons to beat this melanoma into submission.  I don't know what I'm worried about-I've got a freaking superhero cape!


5 comments:

  1. Nice cape, Rick, it suits you. But what the heck are we going to do with all this extra bacon? Short pork bellies, stat.
    We're sending best thoughts, white light, and bacon breath.
    - Bonnie, Bob and Amelia
    the old bus stop gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna beat this, Rick. And you don't even need the cape to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today at the spa today Rick, watch out for the nurses with the cold frail hands.

    Keep up the good fight, the Smiths will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rick - I know the hardest part is that first chemo treatment. I told my nurse that I was raised to not do stupid things (like inject yourself with poison), and yet that's what I'm required to do. It helped to think about it like little Pac-men working their way through my blood to eat all things cancer. Maybe a just like that image because I'm a child of the 80s! :)

    Our family is praying for yours every day, and we will continue to wait for the word NED (no evidence of disease)to be shouted from the Pacific Northwest!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete